Finance News – January 2019
Finance News – January 2019.
Various finance stock market news during January 2019. Finance stock market news can help investors to learn about the daily activities in certain stock.
January 17th, 2019:
* Fossil company will sell select smartwatch technology for $40M to Google Company.
* Microsoft company will build a ‘Netflix for games’ service.
* Tesla company will end their customer referral program on February 1st.
January 16th, 2019:
* Fiserv company to acquire First Data company for $22.74 per share.
* Sears company receives $5.2B bid by Eddie Lampert at bankruptcy auction.
* Snap company CFO Tim Stone is leaving the company.
January 15th, 2019:
* Snap company head of Human Resources Jason Halbert is leaving the company.
January 14th, 2019:
* PG&E company sees filing for bankruptcy “on or about” January 29th.
* Viacom company interested in purchasing Tubi TV.
* Newmont Mining company acquires Goldcorp company for $10B.
* PG&E company CEO Geisha Williams steps down.
January 10th, 2019:
* Caesars company shares are being bought by Carl Icahn.
* General Motors company will launch a luxury Cadillac electric car.
* First Citizens company acquires First South Bancorp company for $37.5M.
* Lennar company announces up to $1B share repurchase program.
* FARO company president and CEO Dr. Simon Raab plans to retire.
* Seadrill company announces CFO Mark Morris will step down.
* Amazon company might be looking at Sears’ closed stores for Whole Foods expansion.
* Amazon company might be developing a video game streaming service.
January 9th, 2019:
* T-Mobile company, Sprint company, and AT&T company sell customers’ data in real time.
January 8th, 2019:
* Clovis company CEO says company open to sale.
January 7th, 2019:
* PG&E company fire liability potentially at least $30B without fines.
* Hi-Crush Partners company suspends their quarterly distribution.
* Eli Lilly company to acquire Loxo Oncology company in about $8B deal.
* Google company acquires a Q/A app company named Superpod for under $60 million.
January 4th, 2019:
* PG&E company is considering bankruptcy filing.
* Lowe’s company announces a plan to hire over 65,000 associates this year.
* Square company names Amrita Ahuja CFO.
* Amazon company debuts their virtual design tool Showroom.
* Ironwood Pharmaceuticals company names Mark Mallon CEO.
* GameStop company receiving bids from Private-equity firms Sycamore Partners and Apollo Global Management.
* Tesla company will begin delivering Model 3 cars to China buyers in March.
* Snap company loses another executive as Snap’s global strategic partnerships head Elizabeth Herbst-Brady leaves company.
January 3rd, 2019:
* Southwest company founder Herbert D. Kelleher passes away.
* Overstock.com company to pay Ohio state business tax with Bitcoin.
* General Motors company announces appointment of Mark Reuss as GM President.
* UniFirst company announces a share repurchase program of up to $100M.
* Atara Biotherapeutics company CEO Isaac Ciechanover to step down.
* Alliqua company will pay a special dividend of $1.00-$1.20 after close of Adynxx merger.
* Bristol-Myers company agree to acquire Celgene company.
* Netflix company circumvents iTunes billing.
January 2nd, 2019:
* Apple company cuts Q1 revenue view from $89B-$93B to about $84B (consensus $91.49B).
* Kroger company director Robert Beyer sells $1.4M in company shares.
* Lincoln Electric company acquires soldering business from Worthington company.
* Apollo Global company in talks to buy Arconic company for $22 a share.
* Barrick Gold company & Randgold company complete merger.
* Netflix company names Spencer Neumann CFO.
* Dominion company promotes James Chapman to CFO.
* Tesla company is cutting the price of their Model S, X, and 3 cars by $2,000 in the U.S.
* Activision Blizzard company names Dennis Durkin CFO.
* Watsco company has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $1.60 payable on January 31 to shareholders of record at the close of business on January 16.
* Ebix company subsidiary acquires 74.84% stake in Weizmann Forex.
* Dominion company & Scana company complete proposed merger.
* Omega Healthcare company to acquire MedEquities Realty Trust company in $600M deal.
* Synovus company completes acquisition of FCB Financial company.